NEXT TO NEW HOUSE COMPLEX, B-RING ROAD, DOHA
+974 4412 6297
Max's Restaurant began operations in the Philippines in the year 1945, just after World War II. Maximo Gimenez, a Stanford - educated teacher befriended the American troops stationed at Quezon City, Manila. These soldiers would regularly visit Maximo's nearby home for a drink or two. The troops then insisted that they pay for their drinks and this was what inspired Maximo to open a café, where the troops could enjoy food and drinks. The cafe initially served chicken, steak and drinks. Maximo's niece, Ruby, who managed the kitchen, created a special recipe for chicken that became an instant favorite with the GIs. Soon, the word spread among Filipino residents near-by. They came looking for the delicious, tender, juicy and crispy fried chicken. Max's Restaurant was born.