no.120,West Periasamy Road
Rao Hospital was started in 1953 by Dr. Major Sudhakar Rao, son of Dr.Raghavendra Rao, the chief surgeon of former Travancore, in a small building at R.S. Puram. Dr. Major Sudhakar Rao, served in Burma for the Indian Medical Service during the war. Thanks to his bold and pioneering move to begin practice in a fledging town like Coimbatore, today we have evolved to a 100 bedded comprehensive women hospital and Centre for Assisted Reproduction and Endoscopy (CARE). The hospital specializes in Infertility, Gynecology Obstetrics, Neonatology, Minimal Access Surgeries and General Surgery. On our successful journey we have achieved many a milestones, been part of several innovations and improvements. Since 1985, the hospital has assisted more than 30,000 childless couples to have children by laying greater focus on infertility and laparoscopy.